Legal Officer / Junior Legal Officer
Akmeemana Kumarage Saranga in Sri Lanka
AKMEEMANA KUMARAGE SARANGA
Sumaga, Kaduruwana, Pitabeddara.
Nationality : - Sri Lankan
Gender : - Female
Date of Birth :- 26/08/1984
NIC Number :- 847391057V
Marital Status : - Unmarried
Fluent in English
Ability to work under pressure
Obtain a responsible position with opportunities for widening horizons where I can use my acquired knowledge and skills in pursuit of challenging goals.
• Degree of Bachelor of Laws (2008)
Faculty of Law, University of Colombo
• Followed a Diploma course in International Relations conducted by the
Bandaranaike Centre for International Studies in year 2007 and got a Distinction Pass.
• Completed a Certificate course in Human Rights conducted by the
Centre for Study of Human Rights, University of Colombo in year 2007.
Primary & Secondary Education
• Kaduruwana Kanishta Vidyalaya,Kaduruwana (1990-1994)
• Southlands College, Galle (1995-2003)
G.C.E.O/L Examination (2000)
Passed with 09 Distinction Passes (D) and Credit Pass (C) for English Literature
G.C.E.A/L Examination (2003)
Passed with 03 Distinction Passes (A) and a very good pass (B) for General English in Arts Scheme.
• Passed the Final Examination for the Admission of Attorney – at – Law of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka in October 2008.
• Completed The Practical Legal Training Programme from September 2009 to December 2009 Organized by the Legal Aid Commission of Sri Lanka.
• Completed The Certificate Course in Criminal Defence from September 2009 to December 2009 Organized by the Bar Association of Sri Lanka.
• Completed a Certificate Course in Human Resource Management conducted by the Institute of Personnel Management (IPM) Sri Lanka in year 2006.
• Completed a Computer Awareness Programme conducted by the
Open University of Sri Lanka in year 2004.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
• Completed the Apprenticeship period of six months as a Legal Apprentice, from April 2009 to October 2009 at the Attorney General’s Department.
• Was called to the Bar on 16th December 2009 as an Attorney-at-Law.
• Working as a Trainee Company Secretary at Corporate Arcade Limited from March 2010 to date.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Attended for the Annual Scientific Sessions of Medico –Legal Society of Sri Lanka in September 2009.
• Vice President of the Sinhala Literature Society of Southlands College from 2002 to 2003.
• Committee member of the Buddhist Society of Southlands College in from 2002 to 2003.
• Committee member of the United Nations Organizations’ School Circle of Southlands College from 2002 to 2003.
• Worked as the student coordinator of the Hatton National Bank Student Savings Unit at Southlands College Galle, from January 2002 to December 2002.
• Fluent in both Sinhala & English languages
I can work with a computerized environment. Following areas are special. I can get used to an IT environment within a short period of time.
• Office Packages
MS – WORD
MS – POWER POINT
MS – EXCEL
MS – ACCESS
• Internet Browsing & E-Mail
Disclaimer: LankaTopJobs.Org does not screen or verify its advertisers or advertisements and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the contents or accuracy of the advertisements. You may report any abuse to firstname.lastname@example.org.